Thursday, January 24, 2008

Birth

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." - Confucius.

On 2nd May, 2005, I received an SMS on my mobile at around 3 after midnight. Technically it was on 3rd May, but for my kind of call center executives, it was professionally 2nd May. The message in the SMS showed the real concern that the sender had for me for at least an hour which, in fact, surprised me. Because I met this sender in the same evening for the first time in my life. When I introduced myself she told me her original name which she never liked, and after about 3 days, she asked me to call her by her favorite name that all 'her' people use, the reasons are what one can understand. 3 o' clock in the night was when we used to reach home from the office, a small call center in Hyderabad. The day on which I received this 'caring' SMS from her was the joining day for both of us, the first day. The message was, "Hope you have reached home safely.", and I responded through another SMS, "Thanks for remembering me for so long even after you reached home." Trust me, none of these two SMSs contained the real SMS language, funnily, we typed the complete words. That was the time when both of us started to think about each other. The consequence of theses SMS messages is, I can say, we fell in love with each other. As far as my previous way of understanding some enigmatic inclinations in life is concerned, I never believed in any love except that between parents and children, until about six months ago. And for now, I am waiting for the moment when we can actually start living together every moment of our lives. [It is ok if I have to go to the office for about 8 hours, because I will be sure that I will see her the moment I go home.]


Life has many miracles, for example, in the last week, there was a day when I woke up at 5.55 in the morning, 5 minutes before my alarm would yell at me to wake me up, like it does every day. Anyways, these miracles (not the above example, it is worth your forgetfulness) are worth anything in life. Technology created many tools to capture our memories, but I wish there was some kind of tool which could actually presume our daily life and find the really unforgettable and reverberating incidents pretty much in advance and capture them like a video camera. If it was possible, I would have been spending at least an hour watching them every day, not just me, but every one of us for that matter. Dear Scientists and Technologists, what's your idea on working on this kind of tool?

4 comments:

Priya said...

May be you want to check this out.
http://janya.wordpress.com/program-janya/

సమిధ ఆన౦ద్ said...

Hey I have seen your blog many times before Priya, I was waiting for a weekend to leave comments on there but then each weekend waits for me to do some other hectic work. Thanks for inviting me there.

Priya said...

Well, there has been progress on this. Now we have http://janyaa.org (with an additional 'a' at the end) and same with the blog. It is now http://janyaa.wordpress.org to be in sync with the site.

Your feedback is more than welcome. Btw, guess who the other founder is for janyaa. :)

సమిధ ఆన౦ద్ said...

I will surely come back to it. Thanks for letting me know the updates on it Priya.