Sunday, January 27, 2008

Distance!


THEN:

There was a day when we drew pictures
In the air within our eyes
But not on the papers or boards.
We were just hopeful about the future together!

There was a day when we shed tears
All through our bodies and faces
But not on the floor or any part of this Earth.
We were so close to each other!

There was a day when we fought and hurt
All for the care we have for each other
But not about our own selves ever.
We were obviously concerned!

NOW:

There is this day when we can see each other
Only and only in our eyes, plain and simple
But not merely in front of them
We are closer than ever!

There is this day when you laugh while crying
As you go on and listen to my soul
But are unable to find me by your side.
We now talk to each other more than ever!

There is this day when you hear from me what you love to hear
Because it is our souls who are speaking
But not our misused rotten voices
And I say, I love you!!

It hardly makes any difference though I miss you!!!

2 comments:

Priya said...

Anand, I loved this one. Simple, sweet and lovely.

సమిధ ఆన౦ద్ said...

Some poems are inspired and some are imagined. This one is a true inspiration, a result of my true experience. Like a few of my telugu ones. Thank you.